Today we’re talking about a topic that does’t get talked about enough in health and fitness … emotions. Emotional freedom is one of the 4 layers of freedom we teach at Movement Monk – it’s about releasing blockages that can limit physical performance, but how does that happen?
I’ve realised after endless study, my own person journey coming back from a spinal injury, and helping others overcome basically every physical challenge you can imagine that …
Our emotions play a big part in the way our bodies feel and move on a daily basis.
After experiencing traumatic, or un-resolved events, like injury, accidents, etc, emotions can be stored in your body’s cellular memory. If left un-addressed, they can lead to physical pain and limitation in your body.
I was speaking with one of my students the other day who would experience sudden outbursts of tears when she stretched certain areas of her body. Which brought up the question … what’s that all about?
So I recorded some of my answers, to help you guys out in your journey to Physical Freedom.
In today’s episode you’ll get insights into:
- How your body is a brain like structure, and how it’s cellular memory can work
- Why stretching and the journey to get flexible can be an emotional one
- How your emotions can become trapped in your body
- What you should do the moment your body experiences a trauma, to reduce potential long term painful effects
- A simple, yet effective process to help release trapped emotions
Listen to Benny’s Mind+Body Mastery Tip below …