I’ll be the first to confess … I didn’t always practice my exercise / movement in a way you would call mindful, or meditative.
I would hit the weights hard, day in day out – training like I was running from a hungry tiger.
All I wanted to do was get strong, look awesome and perform better in my sports. And I though the key to success was high intensity training, and living the no pain, no gain slogan.
My body eventually got worn out. I was so low in energy, I wasn’t able to enjoy my body outside of the gym … I didn’t even have the energy to make love to my lady.
A lot has changed since then …
After learning with a teacher of mine who’s a 34th generation Shaolin Monk, and going on to learn practices from Tai Chi, Bagua, Taoism, and Qigong I discovered the power of combining physical exercise and meditation together.
The benefits of practicing movement meditation are almost immeasurable …
It’s helped my students and I:
- Discover deeper levels of strength (inside and out),
- Become flexible faster than any other method I’ve found,
- Develop mental clarity,
- Encourage transformation in other areas of life beyond just physical training.
In today’s 10-minute episode of Benny’s Body Mastery Tips you’ll discover:
- Why meditation and movement should be best friends in your body mastery practice.
- How breaking my back taught me about mindfulness.
- The meditation + exercise continuum.
- Why hungry tigers don’t belong in your daily training.
- 2 meditative movement practices you can integrate right away.
Whether you’re a martial artist, Crossfitter, Yogi, simply looking to be free from joint pain, or seeking more physical freedom, today’s episode will be helpful.