I remember the day I was able to balance in a free standing handstand.
Not one of those ugly banana backed ones …
An efficient, aligned handstand.
It was like a unicorn magically appeared and offered to take me for a ride. It felt pretty darn good.
All of a sudden many doorways of physical freedom and choice opened up to me.
Achieving an aligned handstand gave me so much more than just the handstand:
- My confidence improved while I was upside down -no more fears
- My upper body stability and strength went through the roof and helped me in many other movements
- Cartwheels and other tumbling activities became more fluid and fun!
But my journey to achieve this wasn’t all roses and butterflies.
When I began it was frustrating!
I just kept kicking up and falling down, and hoping that the next attempt I would just magically balance in the handstand.
I’ve seen many people face this challenge.
I’ve realised after many years of practice that the journey to achieve and aligned handstand doesn’t have to be that frustrating.
All you need is:
- a simple series of steps, suited to your current physical abilities,
- to help you build the required body awareness and skills for the handstand,
- to move to the next level.
One step, one handstand drill at a time, and an increasing level of body awareness, coupled with consistent practice, and amazing progress can happen!
I’ll be sharing that whole process with you guys soon in the Aligned Handstand program i’m about to release.
In the mean time here’s some powerful handstand drills for beginners.
These helped me a lot in the beginning of my handstand journey. I hope they help you too!